Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Reason seven: Tape



It's not just tape, but the useless accumulation of things that might be used for a "home improvement project" one day that is my latest reason. Here, you see a drawer full of tape. Unfortunately, this is not the only stash of tape that we have. I have used tape from this drawer about three times - electrical tape on a cord and masking twice. HH, however, uses tape for everything...way too much on boxes, gift wrapping, and decorating.

Notice that tape is not the only occupant of this drawer. Baseball cards. Hooks. Twine. Fishing Lure. Only a hetero man would have this odd combination of things in a drawer...a drawer that could be much better used for other things - extra linens or, call me crazy, clothes.

Other items that he stockpiles ridiculous amounts of are hiding in other places, as well. Boxes and boxes of light bulbs fill a closet, but my insistence for new non-early 80s light fixtures are ignored. We have enough screws to last a lifetime, but every trip to a hardware store requires the purchase of more. An entire toolbox of screwdrivers doesn't cause so much as a blink.

While all of these items drive me crazy, this one use of tape desperately wants me to have a different type of husband. Quite a while ago, HH "fixed" the back storm door when the screen was ripping. HH doesn't see the problem with it. HH will leave this like this until I fix it myself, like many of the "improvements" that he makes. HH didn't even have the sense to use one of the 17 rolls of clear tapes that he has in the drawer. So I leave you with
this, my ghetto back door fixed with tape, a memorial of sorts to my
dream of having a gay husband.


1 comment:

T-Mama said...

My Grandpa uses grey tape for everything--including his glasses. My Grandma is always less than thrilled. :)

Thank God 1/2 of Rich's stuff is still in his parent's basement.